THE SPORTACCORD DOPING-FREE SPORT UNIT (DFSU) ACTS AS A CENTRAL POINT FOR SPORTACCORD MEMBERS AND CONTRIBUTES TO SYNERGIES AND THE SHARING OF KNOWLEDGE AMONG MEMBERS.
The DFSU actively promotes doping-free sport within the sports movement and brings its expertise to Members by providing assistance and services.
We support members in managing anti-doping programmes that are fully compliant with the World Anti-Doping Code. Our main objective is to assist our members in fighting against doping as effectively and efficiently as possible, including taking into account the specificity of each sport in terms of organisation, doping risks and available resources.
As SportAccord is a Signatory to the World Anti-Doping Code as a Major Events Organization, the DFSU adopts and implement Code compliant rules and anti-doping activities at these events.
ITS STRENGTH RESIDES IN ITS HIGHLY PROFESSIONAL, EXPERIENCED AND DEDICATED STAFF AS WELL AS ITS PARTNERSHIP WITH A NETWORK OF ANTI-DOPING ORGANIZATIONS AND SERVICES PROVIDERS
- Testing organization: in-and out-of-competition
- Registered Testing Pool (RTP) and whereabouts administration
- Biological Passport Programme development and implementation
- Therapeutic Use Exemptions (TUE) administration
- Results Management for anti-doping rules violations and whereabouts failures
- Expert Panels organization and management (ie Doping Hearing Panels, TUE Committees)
- Education and Prevention campaign implementation including on-site outreach programs, targeted audience seminars, and e-learning tools.
World Anti-Doping Code
The DFSU follows up and provides ongoing assistance to Members in revising their anti-doping rules, and implementing their Code compliant anti-doping programmes. It plays an active role in the Code review process and provides guidance to Members on the latest developments and practical outcomes on the International Standards and the numerous Guidelines and Technical Documents linked to the Code.
Sharing knowledge and experience
- Daily Newsletter - The Unit shares a daily newsletter with links to all the latest anti-doping news.
- Monthly Informal Meetings – An informal lunch meeting is organised once a month and is open to Members’ anti-doping staff (at MSI, Lausanne).
- Administrative Reviews – The DFSU has set up a process whereby some Members anti-doping staff are mutually available, on a voluntary basis, to conduct filing failures and missed tests Administrative Reviews for their peers, together with a DFSU staff member.
- Member Representation and Liaison – The DFSU represents Members within the WADA Foundation Board, WADA Executive Committee and the Council of Europe’s Monitoring Group of the Anti-Doping Convention, and the UNESCO Conference of State Parties to the International Convention against Doping in Sport. The Unit also liaises with the Institute of National Anti-Doping Organizations (iNADO), EU anti-doping bodies, and promotes the activities of the National Anti-Doping Organisations (NADOs) and Regional Anti-Doping Organisations (RADOs).
General Support, Advice and Assistance
Any question or concern in the course of anti-doping activities ? The DFSU provides ongoing general anti-doping advice by phone, email or Skype. If an immediate or short-term answer cannot be provided, an extended search or consultation with the relevant DFSU stakeholders and partners will be made in order to get back with the most accurate and appropriate response.